From Paradise Lost to Paradise Found
• Originated in 1988 in response to Miami’s escalating cocaine epidemic.
• Over a quarter century of effective planning and community mobilization.
• Original architect of the Strategic Prevention Framework model for community planning and problem solving.
• Using national evidence-based best practices for children’s substance abuse prevention.
• Public health model for environmental change
• Strategic Prevention Framework and Community That Cares models for developing local community coalitions
• Promoting SBIRT protocols for screening adolescents for substance abuse
• Serving as community convener for needs assessment and problem solving
• Engaging community partners and stakeholders in collaborative ventures and systems change
• Conducting community needs assessments, resource analysis, strategic planning and evaluation
• Incubating local community coalitions to promote prevention in a large, multi-cultural county.
• A Florida licensed Level 1 Prevention Provider addressing root causes of substance abuse, crime and violence.
• Facilitator of drug-free workplace policies throughout the Miami-Dade business community
• Promoter of south Florida as a major US media market for broadcasting anti-drug messages
• Collaborator assisting local communities in generating millions of dollars of support for their community anti-drug efforts
• Successful implementer of multiple substance abuse prevention and reduction strategies addressing prevalent drug abuse issues
• Promoter of a regional and local network of coalitions working together to develop capacity and impact.